Work center costs

ajmalsherifajmalsherif Member Posts: 111
Hi and thanks for reading this...

I have an Item with a Production BOM No. The Item also has a Routing No which goes off to the Routing card and Work centers. I have added costs on the Work Ctr card (Posting tab) for Indirect Cost % and Overhead Rate.

In History<Finished Prod Orders - these costs are not coming through on the Capacity LE (though the Item VE are ok). Neither is anything showing in Prod Order Stats. for Capacity Stock/Overhead. However, the Detailed Calculation report is showing the correct sum of the cost for the work center =D> (ie Total cost which is Indirect Cost % PLUS Overhead Rate).

On another issue i cant seem to move Prod Orders (the red diamond) on the Production Schedule - Production Order View. When i try the save option first i get a message saying 'Overflow under type conversion of Code to Code PO_Firm000009' it then also says
'Error creating conflict result XML)

Thanks

Comments

• KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    ... these costs are not coming through on the Capacity LE (though the Item VE are ok). Neither is anything showing in Prod Order Stats. for Capacity Stock/Overhead.
    Did you run report 795 "Adjust Cost - Item Entries" ?
    Kai Kowalewski
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Reasons :

I. If u have mentioned unit cost calculation on ur work center as time and haven't specified time on routing lines. See ur starting date and time and ending date /time they will be equal. They shudnt be equal to have calc as per time. And if u have only setup time make sure that u have checked "Cost. incl. setup" in mfg setup.

II. Make sure u have not selected specified unit cost on work center if u have then make sure u have these costs mentioned on routing lines because if u select the costs on work centers wont be considered.

But as u have mentioned u have only indirect costs % and overhead rate then I is 90% sure.
    Kapil Khanna