Object Designer greyed out

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
Hi,
We're having a problem with an internal Nav 5 db. We've got a partner dev license loaded in the Db. The Db is on an SQL 2005 server.
Everyone in the team can open the Db and open the object designer without problems, except one for whom the object designer menu option is greyed out. The license information menu option is also greyed out for them.

This is a dev Db and all users have been given access via an Active Directory group which has the read/write/owner/public rights to this Db. All users have the Super role within the db.

Any suggestions as to what the cause might be? I'm tearing out what little hair I have left here.

Thanks

Ian Murphy

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    try to check permissions of the wrong user: i mean security, ...login, roles, [lookup], role->permissions, all objects, go down to "system" object type
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    And synchronize the security if the security model requires it.
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    I had already tried most of what you've suggested but just in case I've just done the following...

- I removed two of the accounts, one working and the problem account. I removed them from Nav, from the SQL db and from the sql2005 server security/logins section.
    - I then added them back by adding the accounts to Navision in the tools/security/windows logins
    - I then modified the two new logins in the SQL manager to give them read/write/owner and public rights

and this appeared to work - I'm not sure what changed as I had already tried removing the logins from SQL and putting them back. I had also checked the roles within Nav and both accounts had the same level of access.

Oh well, I suppose at least its working even if I don't know what I did to get it working.

Thanks for the help

Ian