Options

BOM Journal - Allow Negative Stock

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

It seems the BOM Journal is different to other stock journal types in that it does not allow component items to go into negative stock. Though not a fan of negative stock I have a situation where I have to allow this. I only want to stop negative stock of finished items.

Is there any way to configure the BOM Journals so that they always post regardless of available stock of components? Is this easy to customise? Using NAV 5.0SP1, SQL Server.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The BOM Journal consumes the material to make the finished goods, so your client has an issue with finished goods but they do not have an issue of booking the finished goods item in when part of it is missing? :D

There is no way to "configure" this you need to modify the system (Unless they have changed it in 2009 :) )
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I thought this would be the case. I realise going negative is not ideal, it's just due to the nature of the main component (mounds of compost produced from waste) item it's not feasible to keep track of stock of it.
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I had this strangely with a fertiliser manufacturer. They decided the simplest approach was to set the consumption quantity to what they had in stock, did not bother with negative stock at all - the issue is when you have fields and barns full of the raw material it is not something you keep track of so do not worry about the accuracy of this stock!

My site was in Somerset with a head office Bristol way, not sure if they are still there now!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
    Hi i also having the same problems.
    I need to allow negative in Bom Journal,
    So my client can adjust on every end of month for the negative stock.
    Anyone ever done this?
    Any suggestion on how to customize and what to look out for.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Steven