Options

Upgrading from Navision version 3.1 to version 3.7a

NaveenReddyNaveenReddy Member Posts: 53
Hi Guys,

I have the task of upgrading from Navision version 3.1 to version 3.7a. before i start to do this, i want some suggestions from you guys. What is the best approach to accomplish this task with minimal effort.

Thanks
Naveen.

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can start by reading the upgrade manuals :)
  • Options
    wahebwaheb Member Posts: 6
    You can use the Developer toolkit to do this; merge module is very helpfull.
  • Options
    Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    Are you intending just to upgrade the C/Side Executables, or the objects inthe database itself?

If it is just the exe's it should eb a fgairly straight forward process, just be aware that some propertties may behave differently under 3.70, notably the Print on every page in reports.

For either option take a copy of the database, if you just want to do the exe's open the copy with 3.70. You'll get a message about convertingthe database, once you OK that you have completed the upgrade, you just need to check that things are working ok. If you want to do the objects, work through the upgrade manual.

Regards

Ian
  • Options
    aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    I hope you don't have many local modifications. It's a tough one. There are a lot of merges for instance production orders and finished production orders merge in only one table.
    Navision Developer