SQL Server error when updating keys in NAV 4.0 SP2

NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
Hello,

We are experiencing a problem when attempting to update a client database running a Czech version of NAV 4.0 SP2. For some reason, we are not allowed to change keys in the database. The SQL Server returns the error..
15248,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Either the parameter @objname is ambiguous or the claimed @objtype (INDEX) is wrong.

SQL:
{CALL [sp_rename](?,?,?)}

I was thinking there might be some restrictions on the user that we are accessing the database with, but we have checked that the user is set up as a dbo_owner. We are also allowed to add an entirely new secondary key and then afterwards remove it again, but if we attempt to change or remove an allready existing key we get the error. We tried to delete a company in the database and got the same error. It would appear to me, with my limited knowledge of SQL servers :oops:, that the error has something to do with the restructuring of data. :-k

Does anybody have any suggestions on this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Thanks in advance!

Comments

• strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Hi,

well, it depends on what and how you want to rename. If you rename a table, you have to take care that neither this table name already exists, nor the name of the Primary Key/Clustered Index.

Could you give an example? Which table is affected? How to reproduce this error?
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    Maybe you have wrong data within this table. This can happen if you write data directly to SQL table, not through NAV.