How to implement flowfields in Crystal Reports

JBeckJBeck Member Posts: 68
Hi there,

I could really use some help with this.

I'm using Navision 3.7 and Crystal Reports v.9.2 .
I'm trying to use a flowfield(a sum amount field that also relies on a flowfilter field(date)) in my report.
Until now I've unsuccessfully produced this report with the expected output.

My question is this:
Can I use flowfields in Crystal Reports and if yes how do I do this?

Thanks in advance,
JBeck

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Not really sure I'm following 100% but here's an example of what I would do to get a total of purchases for 2008

Create a variable (Formula Field) called "2008 Purchases"
    in the Formula Editor build..
    if{Vendor_Ledger_Entry.Document Type}='Invoice'
    and {Vendor_Ledger_Entry.Posting Date}= CDate (2008, 01, 01) to CDate (2008, 12, 31)
    then {Vendor_Ledger_Entry.Original Amount}*-1
    else 0

This add's all the invoices for 2008 only. then you can group them by vendor or any other field you want.

The you can create a Running Total Field called "2008 Total Purchases" where you select "2008 purchases" as the field you want total, You select your summary type and which field to reset on if you don't want a GRAND total.

This code also shows SET dates. but you could easily create two new variables (Parameter Fields) type date "start date' & "end Date"
    that would replace those set dates.

The basic thought behind this is that as it runs thru the vendor ledger entries it's checking if it's an invoice and if if falls within that date range. If so the variable will keep the entries value else make the entry equal to zero, therefore giving you the correct amount.

Hope that make sence. If not give me more detail on the field and what you are trying to add up.

One last tip. Crystal see the field as just a field not a flowfield. For example Qty On Hand is simply a value. You're not going to be able to throw a date range on it and have it be different. The above example is a way of creating your own flow type field but you have to get the info from the base table just like nav does.