Error while taking tha Backup

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
Dear concern,
I m getting the following error while restore the database(4.0 SP3).Database is in SQL.
The following SQL Servers error occured while ACCESSING THE EXCISE ENTRY table.

9002"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server].The log file for Database "LiveDatabase" is full.Backup the transaction log file for the database to free up some log space
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• raveendran.sraveendran.s Member Posts: 119
    Hi Vikram,

I guess ur Transaction log file is having some limit in file size. Change it to unrestricted growth.
    --
    Regards,
    Raveendran.BS
  • strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    edited 2009-03-23
    I guess you are restoreing an native backup (FBK) into the SQL database?
    When doing this, you should set the Recovery Model of the db to SIMPLE, further you should take care that there is enough diskspace for the TLog and - as already suggested - do not restrict the growth ...
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And if the Log is already unrestricted and you have full HDD, you have ... problem ...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    As a rule of thumb I found that when restoring from a NAV backup file, the log file will be about 2-3 times as big as the data file.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    A little trick to limit the logfile:
    1) first and for all : restore the intercompany data and the objects, BUT NOT the companies (in some cases you can get an error though. I didn't investigate further but it might be a bug in the NAV-version)
    2) restore the companies 1 by 1.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Dear Kine
    If any body have nly 1 company in the database then how he/she can restore the database company wise means 1 by 1?
    Vikram Dabas
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Dear Kine
    If any body have nly 1 company in the database then how he/she can restore the database company wise means 1 by 1?

1) Should someone else than me answer this question? 8)
    2) I do not understand the question. Sorry. Try to rewrite it with more details...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Dear Kine
    *putting my Kine wig on* *trying to speak with Czech accent* :mrgreen:

Well Vikram, when there is only 1 company in the database, then restoring it one company at a time will be a one step process.
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Dear Kine
    U have told me that there is 1 trick to escape from this problem.i.e., Restore ur Database company wise(Means restore 1 company at a time).I am asking that if there is only 1 company in the database.Then how can we restore the database company wise
    Vikram Dabas
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    I am not being rude here: But enjoying!!!
    :lol::lol:
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
    I am asking that if there is only 1 company in the database.Then how can we restore the database company wise
    You think the answer is going to be different when someone else writes it? :-k

The trick to restrict the log from growing too much when there are multiple companies, is to restore the backup one company at a time. Obviously, when there is only 1 company, restoring per company is a 1 step process. There is only one company, so you can only restore one company, so it is just one step.