Link from MS office Outlook to Navision

VasuVasu Member Posts: 35
edited 2014-01-31 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am sending mails from navision using SMTP and i need to have a link in the outlook mail. On clicking this link in mail, it should return to the navision again in the same form. Is there any way to achieve this scenario. :?:

[Note : I have already completed the mail sending functionality and only the link part from outlook to navision is pending.]

Kindly help me in sorting out this issue. ](*,)

Regards,
Vasu

Comments

• freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    The URL for NAV 2009 is

dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=<page no>&bookmark=<bookmark>

and you should be able to put that in your mail.
    the bookmark is created using FORMAT(<recordref>.RECORDID, 0, 10) and only works on the Servicetier (RTC or Web Services).
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • TroelshTroelsh Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 79
    If you use the "send to recipient as attachment" feature in the RTC an html attachment is generated.

The header of the attachment is a hyperlink to the specific data on the current page - this is an easy way to get the right link and bookmark.

Troels Bent Hansen
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******
  • gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
    Hello i'm sending this to the outlook, but when i push the link, i've an error:

<a href=DynamicsNav://runpage?Page=50000>Push here</a>

Do you know???
  • casanovacasanova Member Posts: 194
    freddy.dk wrote:
    The URL for NAV 2009 is

dynamicsnav:////runpage?page=<page no>&bookmark=<bookmark>

and you should be able to put that in your mail.
    the bookmark is created using FORMAT(<recordref>.RECORDID, 0, 10) and only works on the Servicetier (RTC or Web Services).

Hi freddy,
    any idea how to pass bookmark for web client?
    thx
  • CharlCharl Member Posts: 2
    The issue is that Outlook "corrects" the 4 slash protocol and changes it to a 2 slash protocol format. I've written tons of email notifications with links that all worked fine when I tested with web mail. My client uses Outlook and none of the links will work. Quite embarrassing when it works with all email except Microsoft's email product.

Anybody know how to make Outlook stop "helping"?
  • CharlCharl Member Posts: 2
    Did some research and appears that this is part of "Cleanliness and Consistency" that goes back at least as far as Outlook XP. There's no way to disable it as far as I know.