Journal

NavrookieNavrookie Member Posts: 83
Hi Experts,

I am new to Navision as well as finance.. My question will be silly, so kindly bear with it

1) Can I know What is the difference between Payment & Cash receipt journal and other journals ( CRV,CPV,BRV,BPV) ??

2) Step to configure Printing of check through Navision. ??

3) What is the use of Selection Reconciliation Account Field in GL card ??

4) What will happen if we use Reconcile option in Journal posting.
Regards,

Arvind

The Art of Walking in Water is to know Where Stones Are..

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Can't answer all of your questions, but a few of them I can.

1) A payment journal is used when your company is paying another company for a good or service.
    A cash receipt journal is when your company is paid for goods or services it provides.

3) Click that field and hit F1 (Help) to see what it is used for. It's used for intercompany consolidations, but Help will explain better than I can.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Navrookie wrote:
    1) Can I know What is the difference between Payment & Cash receipt journal and other journals ( CRV,CPV,BRV,BPV) ??

The Payment and Cash Receipt Journal are NAV Worldwide feature and CRV, CPV, BRV, BPV, Contra, Journal Voucher are Indian Localization.
    Navrookie wrote:
    2) Step to configure Printing of check through Navision. ??
    On the Bank Payment Voucher select the option "Computer Check" in the field "Bank Payment Type" and print the check.
    Navrookie wrote:
    3) What is the use of Selection Reconciliation Account Field in GL card ??
    NAV will show you the balance after the posting on the voucher. Click on Posting button-Reconcile. Further the Test Report will show the balance after posting.
    Navrookie wrote:
    4) What will happen if we use Reconcile option in Journal posting.
    The data available is for info purpose only that what will be the balance after posting for which reconciliation field has been marked true in the G/L account card.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in