NAS stops running when Tools/Security/Synchronize runs

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi:

I've got a NAS process that checks every minute to see if it should run its codeunit again (it runs twice a day according to a calandar).

I've had a problem where the NAS process just "stops" - the service is running, but the timer loop stops being checked.

I added some messages to the server application log, and I discovered that there was a series of messages from NAS saying "The combination of user id and password is invalid - try again." The timestamps of these messages was during the time I was running "tools/security/synchronize".

However, the synchronize process here runs about 7-8 minutes, and after that, the NAS loop stopped running - but the NAS Service still indicated that it was active.

I stopped and started the NAS and the timer loop resumed, but I'm wondering if there's a problem with NAS running while security/synchronize is being run?

I'm on 50SP1...

Ron
Ron

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    are you on enhanced security model?
    I suggest to change it to standard.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    all users are blocked if you run the synch. So, check the security model.
    Per default it's enhanced. Read also this:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32209
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    OK, so I understand that we should set the security model back to Standard - which I will do.

But I've been running "Sync" while users have been logged in. Yes, they get some permission errors occasionally, but they just wait a minute or two and it's resolved.

I'm trying to figure out why NAS stops running.

If I have to stop NAS while I sync, then so be it. Hopefully if security model is changed to Standard, the sync won't take much time and that will bypass the problem.

Thanks for the responses.

Ron
    Ron
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if you change the security model, you doesn't need to synch. anymore if you change, for example, a table, a field in the table or create a new table
    Do you make it right, it works too!