Production Order Error Tracking Lines

santhanaksanthanak Member Posts: 91
hi All,

we are into Gaming Machines Manufacturing, for item "machines" we are using serial no tracking, now we are adding this machine as prod bom with some other components, all togther will become a finished product. but here when we get a finished product we should not use a different serial no, we want the serial no as we use in prod bom.

but when i try to post the output quantity in output journals the error says " serial no xxxx is already on inventory" how can get rid of this error? can any1 help me on this

thanks

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Hello. You need to consume the item first. What flushing method are you using?

Just to clarify are you consuming the item part of production order?

Also what costing method are you using?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • santhanaksanthanak Member Posts: 91
    yes i need to consume the items first that im doing thro consumption journal (from prod BOM items). specific costing method & flushing method is Manual... i have posted the consumption journal...only when i try to post output journal its not allowing me to post since the serial no is same.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Can you turn on the debugger and see where it stops and paste the code and CU no?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The message is telling you that the serial number you have defined for that item is already in stock - a serial number is unique so this cannot happen. You must have stock of this item defined with this serial number, either that or you have modified the system or there is part of the process you are not telling us clearly enough.

The item you are making is MAC-1, this contains components - are these serialised? Do you use MAC-1 to produce MAC-1? Not sure on your process here, but basically NAV says you have it and you cannot have it twice, so go to the inventory transactions for the item and filter on the serial number - is it there?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • santhanaksanthanak Member Posts: 91
    hi adam

you are right we are adding the parts into Mac1, but in some cases to make Mac1 we are using Mac1 as component.

the mac1 we use as component is with serial tracking but not the parts.

thanks & regards
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Well put simply you need to restructure your items, you cannot make the finished product when one of the components is itself and it is serial tracked - it makes no sense at all - set up the items properly!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen