How to send mail with outlook from NAV5.0 on a button click

subedarsubedar Member Posts: 7
Hi all

I have a form with some values. I need to send mail through outlook when i click on a button
name send mail.

My mail format is like this:

To - subedar.ali@abc.com
subject - revenue

Body -
Revenue : 40000.
RBs : 3000.
total : 7000.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    did you check the source behind the mail button on the, for example, customer card?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • subedarsubedar Member Posts: 7
    garak wrote:
    did you check the source behind the mail button on the, for example, customer card?

Thanks for reply

yes i have with the code like this on mail button

Recipients := 'punit.sharma@abc.com,subedar.ali@abc.com';
    Mail.MailContCustVendBank(DATABASE::Customer,'BRSC00019',Recipients);

This is working fine, but here how can i manage my other values in mail body.

I want to use this code

SenderName := 'subedar.ali@abc.com';
    SenderAddress := 'brijendra.singh@abc.com';
    Recipients := 'punit.sharma@abc.com';
    Subject := 'Please see the mail its imp';
    In Body
    'Total Employe :20
    revenue :4000

SMTPMail.CreateMessage(SenderName,SenderAddress,Recipients,Subject,Body,HtmlFormatted);

i want to use this code ,even i am not getting any error but still i am anable to send mail

Plz help
  • Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    First thing is to check that SMTP server is setup correctly in form 409 (SMTP Mail Setup).

Then using codeunit 400 (SMTP Mail), the basic syntax goes something like this:
    SMTP.CreateMessage (‘My Name’,'fromemailaddress@somedomain.com','tosomeone@thierdomain.com',’Subject’,’Body’,TRUE); <-- This creates the message and allows a simple subject to be specified (subject) and a short body message (1024 characters if you modify the string lengths).
    however, I use this for the body text:
    SMTP.AppendBody('your text here'); <-- You can repeat this as many times as needed.
    And lastly to send the email:
    SMTP.Send;
    Now, as this can use HTML format for the email (The "TRUE" bit of the SMTP.CreateMessage) you can format the email with HTML tags, so on our system I created a number of Text Constants (as below):
    Name ConstValue
    HTMLNewLine <br>
    HTMLNewParagraph <p>
    FONTVerdana2 <FONT FACE="Verdana" SIZE="2">
    FONTBold <b>
    FONTBoldOff </b>
    FONTItalicON <i>
    FONTItalicOFF </i>
    FONTUnderlineON <u>
    FONTUnderlineOFF </u>

If you have a look at codeunit 400 you will see most of this and more functions for you to use :D

Dean.
    Remember: Keep it simple