Any way to time out user sessions?

BazBaz Member Posts: 16
We have been using Navision for two weeks and a number of times have reached our user limit. When I check who is logged on, there is always someone who has been in a meeting, at lunch or has left for the day.

It would be really nice to be able to have user sessions time out after 15-30 minutes of inactivity. I searched the forums and downloads and have not found such a solution.

The best solution would be to have users exit when they're not using the system, but of course, that is too much trouble for them. ;-)

Thanks,
Baz

Comments

• MrDeeMrDee Member Posts: 48
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=71

This tool enable you to kill any Navision Financials client remotly which will force a disconnection of the NF client to the server and ultimately free a Navision session. :!: This will work with Navision Financials SQL only!
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=168

receive any mouse click or keyboard input during certain period of time, e.g. 5 min. Very useful if you want to shut down the Navision client on the user side to have the unused server connection available again. Tested on Windows 98 only!

I have found this application on a Navision related site (something like "Unofficial Navision Support Site") which has been down since a couple of months. I did not program this application nor can I offer any support or help. "Comes as it is..."
  • BazBaz Member Posts: 16
    Hey fellas,

AutoCloseIdle seems a bit "heavy" and is pricey, but might be a good last resort.

Session Killer sounds perfect, but we're on the native db.

Application Task Killer seems juuuuust right. Now only if it works on XP. We shall soon find out.

Many thanks for the replies.

Baz
    Go SQL - millions of Microsoft lemmings can't all be wrong :P :wink:
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    autocloseidle works great. it was $200.00...i see now they up'd it to $495. I guess demand was high..but that is a significant change in price. anyway if you want something that works autocloseidle works for us.
  • PrebenRasmussenPrebenRasmussen Member Posts: 137
    Just as info:

In the next 4.0 you can do a F4 on the Session table - even when using native database!