Save e-mails in the draftfolder using codeunit 397 mail

hawkeyehawkeye Member Posts: 51
I want to create a number of mails but I don´t want them to be send or opened but just to be saved in the draftfolder in outlook 2003.

i´ve tried to use the mailcodeunit 397 and the NewMessage function.

If I set the OpenDialog to True I get 100 (or so) open mails, If I set the OpenDialog to False all the mails will be send automatical.

should I use the mail management codunit 6229 instead? Using this codeunit I just cant see how to attach files or make a bodytext.

Comments

• canadian_baconcanadian_bacon Member Posts: 91
    I would recommend using Outlook as an automation variable instead and create a custom codeunit to do this. Are you familiar with this method?
  • hawkeyehawkeye Member Posts: 51
    I am familiar with the method but have no experince whit it. It would take me too long time. Then its a better alternative to tell the customer that when they push the button all mails will be send and maybe make it posible to check the reminders in Navision.

It would just be nice if there was an easy sollution so they could make a check on their reminders in outlook instead before they send them.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Hawkeye,

This is a common problem - you will need to upgrade the version of the OLHANDLER.DLL in the client direct - use the one from Version 5.0 and it should work for you.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • hawkeyehawkeye Member Posts: 51
    Same result im sorry :(

I want the mails to be saved in the draft-folder in outlook and NOT to be send before I in outlook pushes the "send" button on every mail. And then I don´t want all the messages to pop up. Whit codeunit 397 I can only see that I can´t have both :cry:

Our customer uses the automatic Recieve/send every minute and it is not an alternative to turn that off.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Hawkeye,

Sorry mis-read the post - you will need to go the other way :D

There was a "Undocumented Feature" that mails stayed in the drafts without sending and updating the OLHANDLER.DLL fixed so reversing the process should work. Try using an older version of the OLHANDLER.DLL (I think from Version 4.0 SP1 should do)
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html