Problems with license!

BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
Hey every1! I'm facing the problem. For example, I'm trying to rechange records in a table, but I've no right according to license. What can i do to resolve this problem? If any ideas just share it with me. Thanks in advice...
MCSD
Attain Navision

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Which tables?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
    Job Ledger Entry.. I'm trying to rechange records form the Invoice form, when I'm trying to get JOB USAGE
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
    Are you a customer or a Solution Center? Customer licenses do not have direct permissions to ledger tables. These (along with posted documents) are considered protected tables.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    So your users need at least indirect permission to modify the table.
    AND in the object that modifies the table, you need to put the permission to modify the table (see object-property "Permissions").
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

is it possible to assighn this permission from code? and if it is, can you make an example about how to make it.. thanks
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
    The permission is assigned as a property of the object. It cannot be assigned in code.
    And if license doesn't allow me to insert or change data in Job Ledger Entry table, what can i do to solve this problem?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
    You need the "Solution Developer's" granule for permissions to that table. Two options:

1. Contact your Solution Center and ask them to make the change.

2. Purchase the granule. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Any different solutions?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
    Why? Don't you like one of those? :)
    I'm a navision developer so, it's all up on me... And I'm pretty sure there's solution that i can make, without purchasing it..
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
    Are you questioning the answers that you've been provided? Bottom line is that you do not have a license to do this. So you have two choices. Either you purchase the license (very expensive) or you contract with someone that has the proper license. Now, if you have a working relationship with your Solution Center, there's a chance they might not charge much (if anything) for such a simple change. Hence, the importance of a continued relation.

Being a developer (internal or external) is not about doing everything yourself. It's about understanding, and leveraging, your available resources in order to provide the best value for your employeer or clients.

--
    What if I'll make this change with a developer license, and then just upload our current one? It not gonna work right?
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
    That is what you need to do. You only need the developer's license to set the permissions on the object. After that your users can use the regular license. The developer's license must have "Solution Developer".
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Becka wrote:
    Any different solutions?

No other solution... Follow bbrown's advice.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I'm a navision developer so...

If you are NAV developer, you MUST know how the permissions and licenses are working... [-o<
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    If you're on SQL then you can do it back end, but be very sure...
    For Native not sure if NODBC will work...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    idiot wrote:
    If you're on SQL then you can do it back end, but be very sure...
    For Native not sure if NODBC will work...

NODBC is restricted by the NAV license.

It's not clear whether the system is on SQL. Also I got the impression that this was to be an ongoing user function via a form. And not a one time update. I am also hestitant to advise uncontrolled "behind the scenes" data manipulation to someone asking these types of questions.