Catch the login process

AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
Hi All,
I've found many observation about the login process into the NAV and Navigation Pane disabling, etc. My challange is that I need to run a check process after the login was happned and before the Navigation Pane is show.
I tried to run a Form with RUNMODAL, with NT Authentication, in Company Open (in Codeunit 1), but the Navigation Pane is still alive.
My customer is like to run a second security checking process and this is why I need to run a FORM with input texts (login and password), but I cannot do it, because every time when I reopen the same database, the zup file is stored the company and it is login into the Company automatically. ](*,)

Do you have any idea or how can I solve it? :?:
When you try to login into a database with Database Login the NAV is (I'm sure) check the login ID and Password and expiration date of the actual password. It is possible to catch this somehow? :?:

I'm thinking about an external Login process with Login Dialog window, but I hope it can be doing internally in NAV.
This is SQL database.
I'm stucked... :|
Thank you.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, it cannot be done. But question is, why the customer needs that? May be there is another solution, mainly in some changes in processes or in organization...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    kine wrote:
    No, it cannot be done. But question is, why the customer needs that? May be there is another solution, mainly in some changes in processes or in organization...
    We tried to persuade for another solution, but the customer is to stand upon for this. :cry:

So it could be that I using database login process and after the login procedure I run the checking process... :?
    Once again, do you know, what the customer want to solve by his requirements, or you just took that as his wish and you do not know the "why" which is behind? Because this "Why" is the main problem to solve, and there can be other ways you can offer your customer.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    kine wrote:
    Once again, do you know, what the customer want to solve by his requirements, or you just took that as his wish and you do not know the "why" which is behind? Because this "Why" is the main problem to solve, and there can be other ways you can offer your customer.

I aggree it, but I'm not consulting with the customer. I've got this issue to do. If it is not possible I have to give it back. But first it is need to look around it is possible or not.
    Ok,there is time to communicate with customer about that and to try to find the way. Login process is covered by the C/Side itself, you have no access from C/AL to this. C/AL is used after the company is opened, it means, after the user is logged in and the Codeunit 1 is used.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.