Sending Email to Thunderbird via CU397 with Attachment

McClaneMcClane Member Posts: 40
i'm using Nav5 with Outlook 2003. When creating an Email through Codeunit 397 with an Attachment, Thunderbird can´t read the Attachment (it only recieves a file called winmail.dat).

Changing the Bodyformat doesn´t have any effect. The Outlook-Window with the E-Mail is set correctly to Format 'HTML'.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    McClane wrote:
    i'm using Nav5 with Outlook 2003. When creating an Email through Codeunit 397 with an Attachment, Thunderbird can´t read the Attachment (it only recieves a file called winmail.dat).

Changing the Bodyformat doesn´t have any effect. The Outlook-Window with the E-Mail is set correctly to Format 'HTML'.

Any suggestions?

how did u use CU 397?

paste the code so dat we can do something?
  • McClaneMcClane Member Posts: 40
    Calling CU 397:
    Mail.NewMessage('Me@Me.com','','Subject','Body','PathToFile.pdf',TRUE);

Within CU 397 there is this line:
    OSendMail.BodyFormat := 2;

No Matter what BodyFormat i choose (1 (=Text),2 (=HTML) or 3 (= RTF)): The Outlook-Windows that opens shows the correct format, but Thunderbird recieves the Attachment 'Winmail.dat'.
    i think problem is with ur path
    i dont know how u r giving the path but check once again
    CodeMail.NewMessage ( 'test@test.com','',' Subject ','Body ','C:\example.pdf', TRUE);
    The path is not the problem. When recieving the Mail in Outlook, everything is fine.
    McClane wrote:
    The path is not the problem. When recieving the Mail in Outlook, everything is fine.

as u said above the pdf is not attaching to the ur mail.
    dats y i think the path is problem.
    What i wanted to say is:
    When i create a mail as mentioned above and recieve it with Outlook: all correct, the Attachment comes with this mail.
    But the same mail recieved with Thunderbird shows another Attachment called 'winmail.dat'. This is because Thunderbird can't handle E-Mails in RTF-Format.

It makes no difference if i create the mail as HTML, text or RTF, the result is always the same.
  • Johnny_ReggaeJohnny_Reggae Member Posts: 63
    Did you find any solution to this problem ?