Options

How access dll in navision

FaisalFaisal Member Posts: 12
Hi,
can any body tell me how to use external dll in navision. i am able to register dll, but it is not showing in the custom controls list.

thanks in advance
Faisal

Comments

• Options
    WishmanWishman Member Posts: 36
    Hi,

On the custom controls screen, choose "browse" from the button, enter the path pf the dll or ocx. You have to close and reopen in order to see the new control you added.
  • Options
    FaisalFaisal Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    I was doing the same thing. Again i repeated the same process, still it was not showing in the custom controls. But i was able to access that dll thru the program.

Is there any other process to be done, so that it gets visible in the custom control list?
    Faisal
  • Options
    naushienaushie Member Posts: 33
    well,make one thing sure that the dll should not contain any gui in it.
    navision does't support any dll or ocx with the gui.
    Naushad Alam
    Consultant -Navision

All e Technologies (P) Ltd.
    Building Solutions for Extended Enterprises

www.alletec.com
  • Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 614
    Navision's behavior varies depending on whether it is OCX or DLL.

In Custom Controls window are some dispalyed immediately, some never, but when you want to define a new variable (local or global) of type Automation (DLL) or OCX (OCX), controls in lookup form are displayed correctly.
  • Options
    janpieterjanpieter Member Posts: 298
    ActiveX DLL's are not shown in the custom controls window. Only ActiveX OCX. Why? Don't ask me ..

What you shoud do is create a local or global automation variable, and then you can lookup to a list of automation DLL's. You'll find the DLL there IF it is an ActiveX DLL .. !

There are more types of DLL's and they are not shown at all .. and you can't use these in navision unless you make a wrapper ..
    In a world without Borders or Fences, who needs Windows and Gates?