Auto-Create Transfer Order

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
Does anyone happen to know of a Codeunit, or any object, that creates a Transfer Order automatically? I see the standard ones for posting and releasing, but was hoping there was some other code out there that I wasn't familiar with as I'd like to not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

Thanks

Comments

• slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    I don't remember the existence of any code unit. But, I have seen it is possible with Item Reclass. Journal
    You have create an entry using your code and post it.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    depends on what you want I guess. As an end user we use the requsition journal to create transfer orders. If you look there you should be able to find code to automattically do it.

we use a non-printing report to call up requesition journals everynight and then in the morning manual review the requisition and use the standard "carry out action message" to create both PO and transfer orders, I am sure you could automate that
  • canadian_baconcanadian_bacon Member Posts: 91
    Creating transfer orders through code is fairly straightforward. The only thing to watch for is if the items are serial or lot controlled since there are 2 steps to a transfer order - post shipment and post receive. You have to make 2 entries in the reservation entries to handle this (1 for post shipment and 1 for post receive).