Slow compilation

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2009-03-12 in NAV Three Tier
i have 2 questions: 1 now, when you import some objects in nav2009, they will be automatically compiled...after that you usually receive a message with the number of errors...in my case 1663...it's my record...anyway, nav does not mark the entries and you have to recompile everything another time.

now, the bigger problem: can someone explain to me why i've been waiting about 20 minutes to compile 933 tables?
maybe because indexed views are recreated everytime?if so, i don't like it...i can't waste my life compiling objects!! ](*,)
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    In case you have a DB you use ONLY with the classic client (and NEVER with the RTC), you can change an DB-option:File=>Database=>Modify=>tab options=>Enable for Microsoft Dynamics NAV server to FALSE. This avoids that the objects are compiled when importing them.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I am also using RTC...so i suppose there are no ways to avoid this...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Belias wrote:
    i have 2 questions: 1 now, when you import some objects in nav2009, they will be automatically compiled...after that you usually receive a message with the number of errors...in my case 1663...it's my record...anyway, nav does not mark the entries and you have to recompile everything another time.

now, the bigger problem: can someone explain to me why i've been waiting about 20 minutes to compile 933 tables?
    maybe because indexed views are recreated everytime?if so, i don't like it...i can't waste my life compiling objects!! ](*,)

Because all code is translated into C#, it means writes into the new "system" tables, it means modify on the Blob, etc... it means that it take longer time than before... Try to use SQL profiler to check if there is something you can make faster.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    kine wrote:
    Belias wrote:

Because all code is translated into C#, it means writes into the new "system" tables, it means modify on the Blob, etc... it means that it take longer time than before... Try to use SQL profiler to check if there is something you can make faster.

you're right!!c# objects! #-o
    BTW...
    it's sad to say this, but i'm not so skilled...to use sql profiler and improve things... :( maybe in the future...
    thanks anyway...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog