Creating a cash receipt jounral using code unit

kamranshehzadkamranshehzad Member Posts: 165
I want to create a cash receipt journal with entries using a code unit to do the following

1- payment on account
2- applying entries to a customer invoice.

Any suggestion on how to do it?

regards,
KS

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    First, do it manual with the debugger. Fill everything in and note the order you use for filling up the fields.
    When filling a record that is usually filled manually, this is the order you need.

With the debugger you can see what happens, especially when you need to launch a function to do something.

For filling up a record in a codeunit, in general you need very few VALIDATES to prepare your record.

A small note: if you want to immediately post your journal after filling it up, you can avoid filling up the primary-key fields. When finished filling up all, just throw the record in codeunit 12. Codeunit 80/90/... work like that when posting an invoice/CM.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kamranshehzadkamranshehzad Member Posts: 165
    Alright. So i need to create a manual entry in cash receipt journal and make a note of those entries,

then run the debugger to to see how it works wth cu 12.

then create my own code unit to prepare the record n pass it to cu 12 and post the journal.

ill try that..

thanks.
    KS
  • kamranshehzadkamranshehzad Member Posts: 165
    Can't i receive payments based on payment methods? like if i want to identify CC , cheque payments separately?

I can see payment methods on cust /vend cards but they seem to be there only for notional purposes? is it so?

please advise?

regards,
    KS