Posting of G/L

mehmeh Member Posts: 50
I have a default posting group for a vendor . But this time I want to link that vendor not with the payable posting g/l which i have posted in default in the posting group setup .But with the differrent a/c which is in another liablilty.So is changing the payable a/c manually is only option that we can have or do we have any alternatives .You can suggest me any add on which can work .

Thanking in advance

Comments

• ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    Don’t try to change that code .

My advise is just use the separate dimension when u want to post the to different account.
    ameen
  • mehmeh Member Posts: 50
    But how is that possible when that a/c is also in G/L itself It isnt listed in dimension :( Any solution so far pls suggest
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    Don't know whether I fully understood the question. But, how about creating another Posting Group and assign it temporarily at the time posting?
    I have done this before with few posting to record the entry to different G/L Accounts
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    meh wrote:
    I have a default posting group for a vendor . But this time I want to link that vendor not with the payable posting g/l which i have posted in default in the posting group setup .But with the differrent a/c which is in another liablilty.So is changing the payable a/c manually is only option that we can have or do we have any alternatives .You can suggest me any add on which can work .

Thanking in advance

1. Ensure the balance for the vendor is 0 and all open entries are applied
    2. Ensure no outstanding open documents (PO, credit memos, invoice, etc)
    3. Change your vendor posting group
    4. Business as usual.