How can we update the Dimensions if the Transaction is alrea

Sumit_GuptaSumit_Gupta Member Posts: 12
Hi,

I am facing the following problem at the Client's side:

1) The Client is trying to Close the Income Statement for the Fiscal Year.
2) The Gen. Journal Lines are created.
3) Test report is generated.
4) The Test Report shows Warning of the following type :
i)Select a Dimension Value Code for the Dimension Code PRODUCT GROUP for G/L Account 4010001.
ii) Blocked must be No for G/L Account 4020002
5) My problem is how to solve case i) in step 4)
6) The Transaction in the System is already posted.
7) How can I update the Dimensions?

If anyone has dealt with it, pls. share your ideas. It would be a great help.

One more query I had, how can I trace in the system, for which Transactions the Dimensions have missed out. Anything available pls. let me know. Or at least where can I trace all the Transactions and the Dimensions associated with that.

Comments

• vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    Hi Sumit

Up to my knowledge we can solve your problem in 2 ways, but consult others in this regard

1)Insert teh dimension value in the respective table for all the posted transaction or
    2) Remove code mandatory for GL account number 4010001.

Hope this would help you out.

Cheers,
    Vijay
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    There's a utility for download that lets you change dimensions on posted transactions.

If you want to do it by hand go to the transaction in question. Click Navigate (if it's a document). This will let you see all the ledger entries associated with that document number.

If you run each table, filter on the specific entry numbers you need, and change the dimensions you should be fine. You'll want to check the Ledger Entry Dimension table as well to make sure dimensions are properly recorded there as that is the table that NAV uses in most of its transactions.