Options

Period Account Balance by 1st Dimension

adiadi Member Posts: 8
Hi,

I'm new to navision, so don't shoot me if you found the question a stupid one.

I've to create a report that group by Project (1st Dimension) and show all a/c's period end balance for that project. Any idea on how to do that.

I've checked some of the standard reports like Trial Balance, but did quite get how the Dimension get filtered. If I use demension as the parent loop, what field do I use to associate it with the G/L Account records?

Thx,
Adrian

Comments

• Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    edited 2004-07-14
    Maybe you don't need a special report.
    Have you tried to setup and use Account Schedules. It maybe hard to begin, but you will find it as very powerful tool to produce many different reports for various needs (levels of management).
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    sfisfi Member Posts: 10
    In the Property Form on the DataItem e.g. G/L Entry you can add Group Total Fields (Project).

In Report Designer you add a Group Footer. After that the Group Footer will be printed at each change in the Project Code.

Remember to change the sorting of the G/L Entry table to match your report (e.g. Account No., Project Code).

Good luck.

Steen Fisker
    Navision developer since 1990
    Regards,
    Steen Fisker
    Microsoft Certified Professional
  • Options
    rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    If using standard reports such as TB use Global Dimension 1 Filter on the request form. This should appear as Project Filter.

Note in some places Global is replaced by Shortcut.

:)

As well as report schedules you can view the data (and copy to excel) via Chart of Accounts>>Balance>>G/L Balance by Dimension.

If you don't ask you won't learn.
  • Options
    adiadi Member Posts: 8
    thx for your replies