Options

Pallets in Axapta .

ameenameen Member Posts: 217
edited 2011-09-02 in Dynamics AX
Hi,

What is the use of the pallet ID in Axapta ? How can u use that one ? Is it mandatory to creat the pallets ?

Thanks and regards
ameen

Comments

• Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    It is a storage dimension, it can be attached to item quantities to define pallets and therefore pallet tracking. No it is not mandatory, you do not have to configure it in your dimension group.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    eduardocazoteduardocazot Member Posts: 3
    Hello Adam, also find you here... I'm trying to find out about the use of pallets in AX, I have a thougt but i don know if it is correct.
    I think that from one production order you may have many pallets of product (in my case there is only one product manufacured) so after RAF I'll have 350 units, considering 70 units per pallet, this mean 5 pallets.
    Does AX have the functionallity to split those 350 units in 5 different identified palles? ej Pallet 100, 101, 102, 103, 104
    Thanks!!
    Héctor
  • Options
    ddinhddinh Member Posts: 23
    Hi Hector,

I think you can do registration before posting RAF. In the registration form you will be able to split and update pallet ID for each lines.

btw, does anyone know how to manage "Parent" pallet and "Child" pallet in AX 2009? Like a big pallet that contents multiple small pallets inside.

Thanks,
    Dinh
  • Options
    eduardocazoteduardocazot Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Dinh, am working on that option. I don't know about your question, I'll let you know if find something