DataPerCompany = False in some standard tables

philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
Good morning,

We must have exactly the same data in a few tables (27 Item and related tables)
What about changing the Table property DataPerCompany ?
My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Good morning,

We must have exactly the same data in a few tables (27 Item and related tables)
    What about changing the Table property DataPerCompany ?

Then you have some problems for example with the calculated fields or with the "Unit Cost", with the modifications in some posting routines, with the No.-Series, and so on.

If you really need the same items in all other companys you can store the "item no" in a separate table (DataPerCompany= No). But also here u must handle the following: Who (company) can modify / delete / insert items? After changeing a item (modify, delete, rename) and so on you must also change / insert the item no in the separate table and in all (!) entry tables, posted document lines of all companies and is this really that what you need (locking problem)?

So, the question is, why do you need this?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    garak have you ever tried setting table 27's DataPerCompany to false? I would be interested to know whether the flowfields worked at all or how any calculations were off?

I don't think setting some of those master tables DataPerCompany property to false is a good idea...but it would be interesting to know what happens. For all the reasons that you pointed out it's pretty dangerous to do such a modification.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
    We've successfully worked without the option "data per company" for tables like item, vendor, customer. You have to know that the values of flowfields are not considered, that means the value is the same for all. We solved this problem with using the global dimension filter.
    Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)
    then i hope that your customer doesn't use the avg. cost. option
    On the item table there is a field called "Cost is Adjust" or some like this.

This means, that if you set DataperCompany=false, and the adjust cost batch is ran for Company 1, it willl mark the "Cost Is Adjust" to true.
    Problem 1: AND THIS MEANS, that the Adjust Cost batch will never be ran for Company 2!
    Problem 2: In addition, when invoices or cr. memos or what else for the item are posted for Company 2, it'll look at the "Avg. Cost Adjmt. Entry Point" table and detect that the cost has not been adjusted and mark it for adjustment again!

So, better is, copy the items from company 1 to company 2 or use a "Sharing" table (data per company = false) where the Items can created/modified/deleted and the changes in this table will be copied to the item table in the companies. this mean, that the items are not editable on the item card in the companies, it's only editable in the "sharing item" Card and this copies the values to table 27 for all companies.

Regards
    @Alex: =D> exactly that what i mean, but in a better english ;-)