use Vietnamese in NAV2009

richtsangrichtsang Member Posts: 41
Hi,

I am setting up a server (window server 2003) and SQL2005. I had changed the local locale to "Vietnamese". Since the server will be used by vietnamese, I install the input method "Unikey 4.0". I also tried "unikey 3.65". The result is worse.

I am using RDP to access to the server. I tried to type some vietnamese character in the text field. However, most characters cannot be shown in NAV2009.
Then I tried to open the notepad. I test the same characters. It can be shown in the notepad.

Have I missed anything? PLease help.

regards,
Richard

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, NAV is not unicode application, and thus it depends on settings of the server (collation) and on the settings for non-unicode application (there I am not sure if it still play role for RTC, but classic client is using that setting).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • richtsangrichtsang Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for your contribution.

As I had setup the chinese environment before, my understand is the client locale. And I am using the SQL server as my TS too. So, it become the local locale of the TS. And it can display all chinese before (in the text field, not in the code field).

In the newly setup server (vietnamese), I had tried to write the vietnamese in the wordpad. Actually, my client give me a list of vietnamese word to test. I can copy and show in the wordpad. But when I tried to copy and paste to Navision's text field. It does not work for some characters. As the input method of vietnamese is not built inside the window 2003 server(not like chinese), I suspend the character set is missing in window. Also, I had tried to download some font for vietnamese. But no luck can be fonud yet.

Pleaes help.
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)