Options

Navision integration

qmisqmis Member Posts: 2
edited 2005-02-22 in Navision e-Commerce
Hello I need read/write data (flowfields only read ) from navision 3.70 tables to my web application (jsp) . Navision works with MS SQL SERVER 2000 . Is any solution for this problem (how can i read FlowFileds) ??

Comments

• Options
    naushienaushie Member Posts: 33
    hi there
    yes you can do it. i have done similar kind of thing .where a dot net application is using a MS SQL server database . there there is a table in MS SQL which is synchronized by navision.
    In fact we have written the synchronization routine in navision to always synchronize it self with the MSSQL server 2000.
    so that the dot net application always gets the updated data.
    if you want some more details then you can contact me
    Naushad Alam
    Consultant -Navision

All e Technologies (P) Ltd.
    Building Solutions for Extended Enterprises

www.alletec.com
  • Options
    bruno77bruno77 Member Posts: 62
    Qmis,

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish the answer might be different.
    Either way in order to communicate with Navision and write data to standard Navision tables you will need to use the NAS since you can not execute the Navision code from outside of Navision. The NAS is basically a client without a GUI that runs as a service.
    I guess you do not necessarily need to use the NAS, again depending on what you are trying to do, but I would recommend it unless the writes to the database are very limited.

A couple of other things to consider:

If the web application is external and will be accessed by external web users then you should take the synchronization approach (because of performance and security concerns). Review the Commerce Portal architecture for details on this.

If the web application is for internal use only (intranet/extranet) then reading from the Navision database directly could work fine. In order to read the flow fields I would in this scenario simply create SQL views that calculate them.

/Bruno
  • Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    ...(how can i read FlowFileds)...
    Search the forum on 'sql flowfields'...

See especially the following topic:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4266