Edit G/L Entry table -17 problems - license

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello,

we made a small development that allows to modify the field Description (only this column) in form 20 , table 17 and it works with our license but not with the customer license.
With customer license we have following message:
"You do not have permission to modify record in the G/L Entry table"

Can you confirm that it is a license problem and only license partners can modify this field?
How can I solve?

Thank you

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Have you tried going to the properties of the form and adding permissions? (Form Properties -> Permissions -> Select the table and add modify). Maybe it will work...
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    It seems to go right....

Aren't there any problems using Permission : TableData G/L Entry=rm on form 20 General Ledger Entries?

Thank you very much
    If you block him from modifying any other field then I don't think so... Your problem is what will happen if someone adds a new field on the form and that field is editable... (or someone changes the editable property of any other field...)
    It could be interesting also know how I can avoid to insert or delete new columns or write code that loops on all columns to set Editable = false.
    I wrote a post some day ago but there is not a simple solution.. Or not?

Nor with a new form?
    The main point here is that you do what you need to do... If someone else with a developer's license can tamper the objects then you cannot do anything about that...

So if you have all fields non-editable, except from the field you want as editable, then the "end users" cannot change anything else...
    But this thing was always possible also before my modification with standard form 20. Isn't it?

Thank you very much