Options

Nav 2009 Installation and Windows XP SP3

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
edited 2009-03-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

Now I'm trying to install nav 2009 Demo version in my pc ( Windows xp sp3 ) where Configuration Tools of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is pre-installed. After Installation complete it gives me an error message. ..
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Build 27808

Error Report

SQL Server option

Cronus Sample Database for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

Fatal error during installation.

Error -2147467259: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: A database with name Demo Database NAV (6-0) already exists., SQL key: StopIfDatabaseExist SQL string: IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [master].[sys].[databases] WHERE name = 'Demo Database NAV (6-0)') RAISERROR (N'A database with name %s already exists.',20,1,'Demo Database NAV (6-0)') WITH LOG

Created on "PC"

3/6/2009 1:12 PM

After Complete Installation nav 2009 how can I connect my Demo Database Nav (6-0) via MS Dynamic Nav 2009 Classic with Microsoft SQL server ??

When I try to connect vai RTC it gives me an error message Ther user ID and password is invalid. Try again .

Plz help to solve these issues.
Now or Never

Comments

• Options
    After complete demo installation of Nav 2009, now I’m trying to open the demo db using SQL Classic Client..

It gives me an error message when I’m trying to the db via Database Server Authentication. the error message is…..
    The user ID and password is invalid.try again.

It opens the demo db when trying to via Windows Authentication.
    Can you tell me how can I open the db via Database Server Authentication??
    Now or Never
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Verify that user id exists in SQL Server and login through windows authentication and add database logins in DB and synchronize all users and try
  • Options
    Thank mohana_cse06 ! I'll check it.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    navuser1 wrote:
    Hi All,

Now I'm trying to install nav 2009 Demo version in my pc ( Windows xp sp3 ) where Configuration Tools of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is pre-installed. After Installation complete it gives me an error message. ..
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Build 27808

Error Report

SQL Server option

Cronus Sample Database for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009

Fatal error during installation.

Error -2147467259: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: A database with name Demo Database NAV (6-0) already exists., SQL key: StopIfDatabaseExist SQL string: IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [master].[sys].[databases] WHERE name = 'Demo Database NAV (6-0)') RAISERROR (N'A database with name %s already exists.',20,1,'Demo Database NAV (6-0)') WITH LOG

Created on "PC"

3/6/2009 1:12 PM

After Complete Installation nav 2009 how can I connect my Demo Database Nav (6-0) via MS Dynamic Nav 2009 Classic with Microsoft SQL server ??

When I try to connect vai RTC it gives me an error message Ther user ID and password is invalid. Try again .

Plz help to solve these issues.

We have problems with installing the demo on Win XP, already solving that issue more than one month with Microsoft. It cannot install the service tier, it will faild because there is error in event log about faulting dll when starting the mid-tier.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    We have problems with installing the demo on Win XP, already solving that issue more than one month with Microsoft. It cannot install the service tier, it will faild because there is error in event log about faulting dll when starting the mid-tier.

Thanks kine....
    Can you tell me one thing that is Nav 2009 fully compatible with Window XP SP3 ??
    Can I make Windows XP SP3 a server ??

Kindly reply
    Now or Never
  • Options
    It is supposed to be, but I have failed each time I tried to install service tier on XP (even on clear VPC). Problem was replicated by MS support, they are still investigating this (now it is more than one month...). But sometime the installation finished correctly for MS support...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    It is supposed to be, but I have failed each time I tried to install service tier on XP (even on clear VPC). Problem was replicated by MS support, they are still investigating this (now it is more than one month...). But sometime the installation finished correctly for MS support...

Thanks kine for your reply.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    .... But sometime the installation finished correctly for MS support...

Can you share the MS Support which you mentioned ? #-o
    Now or Never
  • Options
    I have nothing to share, because it was just "on one VPC it is working, on another not and only difference are .net versions." But installing latest .net versions didn't solved the problem for me.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks kine for your reply.
    Now or Never