Navision to Message Queue writting/reading problem

joaopereirajoaopereira Member Posts: 3
Hi there,

I'm using the tutorial "Talking with Navision: Say Hello to Navision and Expect Navision to Be Polite" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms952182.aspx) that i believe to be well known by most of you, to integrate navision with an web application.

It works fine except when there are special characters (example: ã) in the message, it then throws an invalid character exception.
I've tryed to write/read the message directly to/from the queue and it works fine, so my problem is when i write the message from navision.

Can someone point me a direction in here?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Today I will not use MSMQ anymore and I will use other way to make the WebSevices. There isanother example how to make NAV WebService for older versions than NAV 2009. It is DLL which makes the inteface and you have instream and outstream to read the request and write result. It is much better than MSMQ, mainly because today there are 64bit systems, limited usability of MSMQ etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • joaopereirajoaopereira Member Posts: 3
    Hi Kine, thanks for the reply.

I didn't know there were those issues when using MSMQ. At first sight it seemed the best way(synchronous/asynchronous).
    Do you mean using "Navision Socket Bus Adapter"? If not, can you post a link or a sample for that alternative way?
    What about the error i posted about? Have you ever had it?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you will search for MSMQ (Microsoft Message Queue), you will find out that the system is sensitive to format of the message and to coding of characters. Most versions of NAV Socket bus are not working under 64bit OS.

For me better solution is e.g. there: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav/archive/2008/ ... v-5-0.aspx
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.