workin to slow

phondajphondaj Member Posts: 60
Navisaion 5 sp1
SQL 2005

Im traying to implement Navision on network but it goes to slow me network speed is limited to 1 mega bit is that enough, when i work on remote or download something its going well

when i look on database -> information my database never goes under 96% usfule is that any problem

can i reserv a canal for navision if the problem is on network

any sugestion please !

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Expand your database. I normally keeps it between 50-60%. If database is near to full usage it will hamper performance of the database, don't know technically but it do.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • phondajphondaj Member Posts: 60
    thnx ssingla,

but when i work on LAN or reamte i dont have problem

if any body can tell me the architrcture of navision working on network, or how can i grow the speed
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I thought the suggested network speed was 10 megabit minimum, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    phondaj wrote:
    Navisaion 5 sp1
    SQL 2005

Im traying to implement Navision on network but it goes to slow me network speed is limited to 1 mega bit is that enough, when i work on remote or download something its going well

when i look on database -> information my database never goes under 96% usfule is that any problem

can i reserv a canal for navision if the problem is on network

any sugestion please !

1mbit is not fast enough. Minimum was 10mbps, Optimum is 100mbps. If you have slower network, using Terminal Services will be solution for you.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.