Options

Microsoft support ends MBS 2.60?

Peter_WijntjesPeter_Wijntjes Member Posts: 28
edited 2004-07-13 in Navision Financials
Hello,

We are using Nav Financials 2.60 with a lot of customization in the Purchase and Sales Modules.

I saw on a US based NSC's website that Microsoft will stop support for all 2.x Navision Products. :shock:

Is this information anywhere verifiable? Where? :?

Do I need to go to version 3.x ? For what reasons?

:?:
Peter Wijntjes
MBS NAV Consultant

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Maybe because Microsoft wants more money :?:

Just a thought... :twisted:
  • Options
    Navision Financials Release 2.00, 2.01, 2.50, 2.65 Discontinued December 31, 2003
    Last Modified 6/12/2004 8:06:19 PM
    Posted 10/16/2003 5:02:24 PM
    Microsoft® Business Solutions is discontinuing several versions of Navision Financials on December 31, 2003 in North America.

Customers enrolled in the Enhancement program will not be able to purchase additional granules or sessions for discontinued products. Additional products and sessions can be purchased, however, for current releases of Navision.

Regulatory Updates for Release 2.00, 2.01 and 2.05 ended December 31, 2002, while those will continue for Release 2.65 until July 31, 2004. Tax updates for all versions will continue until July 31, 2004. For more details view the table below:

Release Version Release Date Product discontinued Regulatory Update Discontinued* Tax Updates Discontinued*
    2.00 8/98 12/31/03 12/31/02 7/31/04
    2.01 6/99 12/31/03 12/31/02 7/31/04
    2.50 11/99 12/31/03 12/31/02 7/31/04
    2.65 6/01 12/31/03 7/31/04 7/31/04

* A Regulatory Updates is a code change to the product by version. A Tax Update is a data change. Tax data changes include tax table changes for federal and state taxes.

Microsoft Business Solutions typically provides each product release for 24 months after its official release date. Navision Financials Release 2.00 was released in August of 1998. Release 2.01 was released in June of 1999. Release 2.50 was released in November of 1999. Release 2.65 was released in June of 2001.

Customers are strongly encouraged to upgrade to the current release of Navision or Axapta to keep their solution current and enjoy new features and benefits. Newer releases of Microsoft Business Solutions offer more ways to improve, manage and expand your business.

Planning your upgrade
    We recommend that you upgrade to a current release of Navision as soon as possible, so you remain on a current version and so you can continue to purchase additional granules and sessions as needed. If you are unable to upgrade within the next few months, you should purchase additional modules and sessions before December 31, 2003.
  • Options
    so here are their reasons...

Customers are strongly encouraged to upgrade to the current release of Navision or Axapta to keep their solution current and enjoy new features and benefits

Newer releases of Microsoft Business Solutions offer more ways to improve, manage and expand your business

remain on a current version and so you can continue to purchase additional granules and sessions as needed
  • Options
    dufourdufour Member Posts: 9
    I have NF 2.60, in Belgium
    And I have a (big) lot of customisation, so upgrade isn't easy

The post is for North America
    in Belgium, if I would to buy new sessions, is it possible in some months?

Thx
  • Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

The discontinuation dates do vary from country to country, so I suggest you speak to your NSC or MBS. 2.00 & 2.01 are due to cease to be supported in the UK in the next few months, while 2.50, 2.60, 2.65 and 3.01 will loose support in the UK as of the end of this year.

What MBS mean by "end of support" is that if you find a problem in the base Navision software, and it does not occur in a later version, MBS will not investigate, provide a solution or a hotfix, they will just tell users to upgrade to a later version.

You should be able to buy new users for existing versions - there are still people running the old DOS version out there, but it will just get harder to get base issues corrected in "old" versions.

Given that the longer you put off an upgrade the harder and more costly it wil be, and 4.00 is coming over the horizon, I suggest that you start thinking about it now.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!