Reading Flowfields from Navision SQL database

phani_kaushikphani_kaushik Member Posts: 8
Hi everyone. I have been trying to retrieve certain information from Navision SQL database into a 3rd party BI software. But after loading the tables, I am unable to view the flowfields in the list of fields in these tables. How are flowfields stored in SQL database and I'd also like to know how to retrieve these flowfields through XMLport in SQL db.

Please help me out guys !!! [-o<

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Flowfields are calculated values from one table to another. On SQL Server they are not created as actual fields. Your ETL will need to include the actual calculations themselves. You could also transform the actual transactional data and include all details in your cube. That'll give you much more flexibility in your cube anyway.
  • phani_kaushikphani_kaushik Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Daniel.
    Is there any way to import/export data into these fields using XMLports ?

I am trying to design a webform to insert records into the db as well as to show certain fields ,like Balance(LCY) in Customer card, for example on the customer webform. But I'm unable to find these fields while creating XMLport.

Is there any way to do this through XMLports or maybe through .net?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    From the XMLPort designer, all fields are available, including the Balance field. It will export the balances just fine. You would not import those balances, because it is a calculated value in NAV.
  • phani_kaushikphani_kaushik Member Posts: 8
    Yes. I've been able to find these flowfields from xmlport.

Thanks for your reply =D>