Interaction Template attachment PLUS email body text

tameemabdullahtameemabdullah Member Posts: 17
Hi Guys,

Is there a way in the NAV 5.0 with the segments in the Marketing module to send the attachments PLUS edit the body of the emails.
So for example I have an interaction template for some Invite that is attached to the segment but I also want to have some text in the body of the email for all the contacts I am sending this to without having to edit each email indivually.

I have read that if you insert a mergefield in the document attachment it will put the text into the body, the problem is that the attachment document is a PDF.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• johnnycjohnnyc Member Posts: 1
    I am also trying to do the above.
    Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks.
  • adamvolpeadamvolpe Member Posts: 3
    It sounds like the same problem I am having, but in NAV4.

I am trying to mass-send an email which I would like to contain both (1) text in its body and (2) a pdf attachment.

I have been able to do part (1) by using an interaction, but not sure how to add a pdf in Navision (I can only seem to add word documents), let alone do (1) and (2) together.

Any help would be really really appreciated.
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    Any solution for this yet?

I havent found a way to get both pdf and body text in without customisation
    K.S.
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Try with a kind of PDF printer.

I did some tricks with PDF Maxx and it allows to send some code in a section of a report so that the printer driver of PDF Maxx picks this up.
    This way you can add recipients, titles, bodytext and PDF document.

OK it needed quite some coding to create the commandline for the printer driver.