Is it possible to get value OnAfterInput Trigger

VE024VE024 Member Posts: 17
Hi All,

I need to get the value OnAfterInput Trigger itself is there any possible to get the value in that (OnAfterInput) Trigger.

Thanks & Regards,
Naidu. ](*,)

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I don't understand what you are asking, but one way to find out is to try. Put your code in that trigger and see if it gets you what you need.
  • VE024VE024 Member Posts: 17
    Hi DenSter,

I am using one form in that one TextBox is there. But my problem is when I give the data into that TextBox in general OnInput(), OnAfterInput(), OnValidate()... Triggers are fired but we are not get the data in OnInput(), OnAfterInput() Triggers, when the OnValidate() Trigger is fired we get the data. so, I need to get the data in any one that two(OnInput(), OnAfterInput()) Triggers is there any possible to get.

For Example,

OnInput() --Trigger
    message('%1',Variable);

OnAfterInput() --- Trigger
    messge('%1',variable);

OnValidate()
    message('%1',Variable);

Thanks,
    Naidu. ](*,)
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2009-03-04
    you need the new value that the user has inserted to check it before it will store into the field self?

Then try this:
    TextFieldControl - OnAfterInput(VAR Text : Text[1024];)
    message(Text);

The system executes this trigger after the user switches focus from one control to another.
    To get the new inserted value, u must use the TEXT parameter and not the variable.
    So, it's executed before the OnValidateTrigger is execute.
    The OnInputChange trigger is ever executed when the user enter a character in the textbox.

Important!!
    If there is an error in the C/AL code you enter into this trigger, the system closes the form.
    You cannot use this trigger to write to the database.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I guess I am having trouble understanding....

You figured out that a certain trigger gives you what you want. Doesn't that solve your issue? Why are you so set on using another trigger if you found one that works?