SourceTableView syntax

mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
I want to have a textfiled in a setuptable and a corresponding textbox on the setup form.

The string will be used as parameter to myRecord.SETVIEW(myView).

I need to know the syntax of the string that SETVIEW takes as a parameter.

Usualy I can create the string by using various assist buttons.

Where can I find a description of this syntax?

Answers

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Just create the view on the form. Then copy the value of that property into your new text variable. This way you know the syntax will be correct.
  • mabl4367mabl4367 Member Posts: 143
    I would like to know the syntax so I can define any table view by entering the correct string into the textbox on my setup form.

This setting is supposed to be used to control how another table is viewed on another form.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The easiest thing to do in this case is to look in F1 help. I don't think there is any formal syntax guide for this type of thing, but you can see how it's done by looking at what GETVIEW returns. Create a test form, set some filters, but a button on the form that shows the results of GETVIEW. Code in the button:
    MESSAGE(GETVIEW(TRUE));.

I could also do some testing by using the assist-button to create some view-strings.

The problem with this methode is that it will requier a lot of work to figure out the complete syntax.
    As far as I know there's no 'syntax guide' for this one, so you have to figure it out yourself. GETVIEW returns exactly what you need, it looks pretty straightforward to me. Putting a test form together like that takes what... 2 mnutes? If you think that is "too much work" then good luck with that :-k
    You are right.

I didn't hav to create that many strings to figure out the complete syntax :D

I consider my problem solved!

Thanks for all your input everyone!
    Good to hear you got that working, thanks for the update :mrgreen: