How to do?

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi all,

Suppose I have created a field Complain in Item Ledger Entry Table and want to store some data through the Form Posted Item tracking Lines ( which is available from Posted Sales Shipment ---> Line----> Item tracking Entries )

suppose this form is editable.

How can I do this ??
Now or Never

Answers

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    If you are an end user I would not touch this functionality. This is populated via some weird functions connecting the sales invoice to the ILE's that are created in the Sales Shipment.

The connection is made via table 6507 is I remember correctly.

Item Tracking is a very complex piece of code.
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    If you are an end user I would not touch this functionality. This is populated via some weird functions connecting the sales invoice to the ILE's that are created in the Sales Shipment.

The connection is made via table 6507 is I remember correctly.

Item Tracking is a very complex piece of code.

Dear Mark,

Thanks for your Valuable reply. I’m not doing this with Item Ledger Entry Table.But the scenario is the same which I want to do !!

Actually I have Created a Functionlity Complian Logs in Nav 5.0 Sp1 [Native].
    I have taken two Objects one is Table Sales Complain Logs and a Form Complain logs.
    The form is attached to the Posted Shipments and Posted Invoices in Sales Module.

The form Complain logs is populated when Someone click the Command buttam Complain Log.It’s populated temporary as same thing we can see Posted Item tracking Lines ( which is available from Posted Sales Shipment ---> Line----> Item tracking Entries )

The form Complain Log is populated with taking

Document Type
    Order No.
    Line No.
    Date
    Item Code
    Comment
    Document Line No.
    Serial No.

And the serial No. is retrieving from using the same functionlity as is in Posted Sales Shipment ---> Line----> Item tracking Entries …………..
    But user have to enter the Comment and it should be saved permanently
    Now or Never
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329