Access to a Nav database without users creation SQL 2005

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Good morning,

I have restored a database of a customer on our server and I lost to create and synchronize the users.
I worked on it and now, after a pair of days having worked on it, I can not access it.
The database is on SQL 2005 and I am a DBA on SQL.

Is it possible to create the users and access the database or is it impossible?

Thank you

Andrea

Comments

• rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    It is possible, but rather difficult. An easier solution is normally to remove all the users and recreate them once you're in.

All you have to do is to clear out 4 tables, "Member Of", "User", "Windows Access Control", "Windows Login". You should then be able to login as an administrative user.

BUT BEWARE, I haven't tried this with the Enhanced Security model, If you have set this up I think the above will still work, however, there will be debris left behind. Specifically, there is a table called something like $ndo$dbusers that contains application role passwords and the application roles themselves. You need to be very careful though there's one application role you must not delete.

(edit: "application role" not "user role" do'h)
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    Thank you very much for this link.

Yesterday I could access the db but nod made all settings so then I exported the object fob modified and decided to restore the original database from original backup, create the correct users and then import the object and continue on it.

Next time I will try with these suggestions...

Thank you again