Barcode Scan

vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
Hi,

Can anyone explain how i can implement barcode scanning. The form to be used is Tansfer order where the subform has Item No. I have created a table named Barcodes which has the relation between Item.Item No and Barcode.Item No.

Do i create a field and button on the form and when barcode is entered to fields it goes and find the related item and then creates a new line?

Regards,
Vasilis

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Follow the link:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31948
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
    i already read that topic.

I created a new column in the subform list and then the user selectd the barcode. Then i wrote some code on the aftervalidate function of the column to get the ItemNo from barcode table.

Any other solution?

regards,
    vasilis
    i already read that topic.

I created a new column in the subform list and then the user selectd the barcode. Then i wrote some code on the aftervalidate function of the column to get the ItemNo from barcode table.

Any other solution?

regards,
    vasilis

And whats there your problem? It's the same functionality like in table sales line or purchase line ......
    The barcodes are stored in a table named barcodes. The keys of the table are BarcodeNo and ItemNo.

I did not undestand where the barcode is triggered? where should i place the cursor when the barcode is scanned?

that 's why i addded the barcode column on the trasfer line.

thanks,
    vasilis
    check in the Sales Line or/and purchase line the field "Cross-Reference No." and the relation of this field.
    check in the Sales Line or/and purchase line the field "Cross-Reference No." and the relation of this field.
    You need the same functionality in the transfer line. The "Cross-Reference No." has a relation to the table "Item Cross Reference" where you can store barcodes, Customer Nos for this item, Vendor Nos for this item and so on ......
    The cross reference is used if you do not store the barcodes in another table. In my case the barcodes are stored in the "barcode" named table. Anyway, the solution to my problem is that i added a new barcode column, then i linked to the barcodes table, on the on validate trigger i added code to search for item and then used the VALIDATE method to load the item line on the transfer order line. And it works fine :D

Thanks,
    Vasilis