Report Section Duplication issue

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
Hello,
i found a couple threads that sort of talked about the same issue i am having, but none of those solutions is working for me.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I have 1 report with 4 data items. None are indented. I want the first data item to process and output its sections. Then i want a page break and the second dataitem to proceed and so forth. none of the dataitems has any grouping. I have a CurrReport.NEWPAGE in the OnPreSection for each new DataItems' Header section. Incidentally, i have also tried moving this command around throughout the report, but i keep having the same problem.

Here is the problem i am running into:
when i get to my second data item (and third, and fourth...), the output prints the header section twice!

it would look like this:
HEADER DataItem 1
Lines
Lines
Lines
(Page Break)
HEADER DataItem 2
HEADER DataItem 2
Lines
Lines
Lines, etc.
(Page Break)
HEADER DataItem 3
HEADER DataItem 3
Lines, etc.

Now, this only occurs on the first page of the new dataitem. subsequent pages will output the header one time.

any ideas? thanks!
kind of fell into this...

Answers

• jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    interestingly, if i change the property PrintOnEverPage from yes to No, i do not get the duplication, but then i also do not get the header on the subsequent related pages.

](*,)

i'm sure i am doing something wrong. probably something simple. thanks again!

edit:
    here is more symptoms of my problem.
    the last page of my first data item is page number 38. the report is then doing the NEWPAGE command, creating a new page with the header duplicated, although i just noticed the page no. is 40. where could 39 have gone? the same page no. discrepancy occurs when the next NEWPAGE command is issued (at the start of the third dataitem's sections).
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Just create a footer for each dataitem. There is a property called PrintOnBottomOfPage (or something close to that).

Should take care of your issues.
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    awesome. that did it. thanks!