zup file

wilson71wilson71 Member Posts: 5
Hi

My organisation is currently running on NAV 4.0 SP3. Previously, the database was sitting in a SQL 32 bit environment. Recently, we had upgraded our SQL server to 64 bit. Prior to the migration to 64-bit, I perform a backup of NAV database. After installation of 64-bit SQL, I installed NAV into the server, create a new database and restore the backup. Everything goes fine except for feedback from user that all the filters previously set were gone.

I suspect that the zup file was overwritten when user first connect to the database (now in the SQL 64 bit environmrnt).. However, when installing the SQL 64 bit server, I had ensure that the SQL server name is similar so that user would had no problem accessing the database.

Just puzzled how this happen and can this be avoided?

Thanks.

Regards,

Tan.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    wilson71 wrote:
    Everything goes fine except for feedback from user that all the filters previously set were gone.
    You mean the filters users put on different forms?
    Those are put into the zup-files. And those do not disappear if you upgrade to 64 bit.
    Maybe your zup-files were on the old server (and in the shortcut to the client, you had ID=..... to point to the zup-file to use. And you didn't move the zup-files to the new client.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!