Encrypt a password Edit

AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
Dear All,

I know this is really complicated and first of all I don't find why it is demand, but our customer would like to handle the logins in NAV, more over the Windows Authentication. My idea to run a form with login and password after the company choosing phase. After this I have to identify the input password with the existed one. It is okay.
I know the NAV has a method for encrypting the password ("Hello" is "~ž±Çü…6NčĽ") but could I call this encrypting method? It is possible to reach this internal function of NAV to encrypt my input text? :?

In summary I don't like to see the stored password in the database what I created when a user is giving a password.
Thank you.

updated: or if I call the User table in my code and use the Password validation it is possible to get back the encrypted result? :-o

Comments

• AsallaiAsallai Member Posts: 141
    Sorry for this! Meanwhile I'm writing this post, I found the solution.
    I make a reference for the User table, give the Input text for the User table's Password field with validation, and it is result the encrypted text :)
    Thanks anyway!
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    but could I call this encrypting method? It is possible to reach this internal function of NAV to encrypt my input text?

No, you can't use it. u can only use the password field self in the table.
    Also is there no decrypt function
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    garak wrote:
    but could I call this encrypting method? It is possible to reach this internal function of NAV to encrypt my input text?

No, you can't use it. u can only use the password field self in the table.
    Also is there no decrypt function

• gerdhuebnergerdhuebner Member Posts: 155
    Asallai wrote:
    I make a reference for the User table, give the Input text for the User table's Password field with validation, and it is result the encrypted text :) ...
    This sounds really interesting, because it means that you can check the password from C/AL Code ! (may be usefull to secure some really really critical transactions or something like that...) - or did I misunderstand something?
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Indeed, you can check the password from C/AL (for Database logins). This topic shows some example code: How to verify user password
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Indeed, you can check the password from C/AL (for Database logins). This topic shows some example code: How to verify user password

Yes , that is what I mean. I need a confirmation (another) before a process. :wink:
    Thanks a lot!