Difference in the Bin Quantity and Item ledger Quantity

vijay4398vijay4398 Member Posts: 35
Hi Guys ,

What could be the possible reasons for the difference in the bin quantity and Item ledger quantity. Any adjustment from the warehouse journal and warehouse physical inventory journal have been automated(customization) to de the corrosponding entry in item journal .

is there any other reason for this discripency ..appreciate any light on the above

Thanks

Vijay

Comments

• i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    Any sales or purchase operation through invoices (not orders) will go to Adjustment bin. Adjustment bin quantity is not presented in Item Bin list. You can always get this value by running function Calculate Whse. Adjustment in Item Journal.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    If "Bin Mandatory" is not marked true then you can post item journal lines without defining bin code.

For a item with difference filter warehouse entry and Item ledger entry records with item code and compare the difference transaction.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • vijay4398vijay4398 Member Posts: 35
    Hi Guys ,

From analyzing the warehouse entries , i found a very strange thing , the difference is because of document type "Movement" either for Pick or put away . Here for the same document the quantities posted are not balanced like removed 1 from BIn1 and added 2 in other bin . How can this happen . I tried to generate the same scnerio but failed .

Do you guys have any such experience or may be would you be able to suggest what could be the reason . really confused in all this .

Many Thanks ,

Vijay
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I don't recall there being a requirement for the quantities to match on a movement, but maybe there is code at the end of the posting routine to check this. I really can't remember.

I do know that they don't have to match line for line. This is because you could Take 2 items from Bin A, Put 1 in Bin X and Put 1 in Bin Y.