Service Tax - Integration

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi all,

We are using Nav 5.0 Sp1 IN Native. Our Client has some special requirement related to Service Tax. They want to calculate the Service Tax in Service Order.

In Indian Localization Db there is nothing related to this. So we have to Customize it.
Kindly explain the prerequisites so that this customization works fine.

Thanks with regards.
Now or Never

Comments

• navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Kindly reply if any one has already done this.
    Now or Never
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You have to consider the fact that service tax is calculated only on G/L Account and you will need to extend it to Service Items. This will require a lot of modification and you should be well versed with the system flow and legal requirements.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:
    You have to consider the fact that service tax is calculated only on G/L Account and you will need to extend it to Service Items. This will require a lot of modification and you should be well versed with the system flow and legal requirements.

Thanks Sandeep!
    I want to add the structure functionality on the Service Invoice and calculate the service tax by the Function Calculate Structure as it is in the Sales Invoice...

I think it is possible...

Thanks with regards.
    Now or Never
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Surely it is possible. You need to replicate the code or add service item in filter and also add the creation & posting of Gen. Jnl line for service tax because if a item is selected and service tax group code is manually defined the system gives G/L consistency error.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:
    Surely it is possible. You need to replicate the code or add service item in filter and also add the creation & posting of Gen. Jnl line for service tax because if a item is selected and service tax group code is manually defined the system gives G/L consistency error.

Thanks Sandeep !!
    This will be a sensative customization.
    If I don't go for such type of customization than how can I manage the requirement??
    Now or Never
  • souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135
    Hi,
    One of our clients needed the same requirement. We did it successfully for them. Just use the same logic as is used in calculation of Service Tax in Purchase Order. Be careful while writing the final code for posting to G/L and Service Tax entry tables.
    souravb wrote:
    Hi,
    One of our clients needed the same requirement. We did it successfully for them. Just use the same logic as is used in calculation of Service Tax in Purchase Order. Be careful while writing the final code for posting to G/L and Service Tax entry tables.

Hi Sourav.

Nice to hear from you that you have done this.
    Have you calculated the Service Tax on GL Acc or on Service Item ??
    And where you hv calculated the Service Tax in Service Order Or Service Invoice ??

I have Calculated the Service Tax on Service Item in Service Order And Service Invoice with
    adding the Structure and Calculate Structure Functionality in both the Screen...

But Service Tax is related to GL Acc not to Service Item in Standard Nav
    Now or Never
  • souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135
    We have calculated Service Tax on G/L account in Service Invoice.
    souravb wrote:
    We have calculated Service Tax on G/L account in Service Invoice.

Hi souravb,

That'm mean you have calculated Tax %, Tax Base Amount, Tax Amount,.. all the related things in the Service Line of a Service Invoice.

After than you have calculated the Service Tax ..

Am I right ?
    Now or Never
    Hi All,

This Integration has done. Now It's in Testing Phase. :)
    Now or Never