Special Orders

samyoongsamyoong Member Posts: 20
Hi there,

Any idea how NAV4, SP2 - Creating Special Orders suppose to work?
I'd refer to NAV online help it actually contractic with how system behave. ]
i.e. --> I am not able to post PO [which created from Req. Worksheet > Special Order > Get Sales Order]
- msg "The sales line does not exist" -asthe system not able to locate Special Order Sales No.

"Creating Special Orders
Note
You can post the purchase order immediately or at a later date. When posting, you can only select Receive, because the linked sales order must be invoiced before you can invoice the purchase order.
"
Please advice proper procedure to this scnenario. Am I suppose to Post PO [which linked to Special Sales Order First] or Post the Special SO before the PO ?

Thx & Regards
Sam

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Create SO, Create PO & link to SO, Post PO Receipt, Post SO Ship + Invoice, Post PO to Invoice
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Looks like the sales order was deleted, if this is the case you should have got a warning when deleting it that it was linked to a purchase order and to delete this as well. Follow what idiot says, it is essentially a back to back system, but there is no contradiction in the help, it does what it states, you created the PO from an SO, they are linked, and you no longer have the linked SO when booking in teh PO which is causing the issue.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • samyoongsamyoong Member Posts: 20
    If follow flow "Create SO, Create PO & link to SO, Post PO Receipt, Post SO Ship + Invoice, Post PO to Invoice" - it works without any problem.

I am facing problems is because the SO have been fully shipped & Invoiced [where SO deleted without warning msg]
    and the linked PO wasnt posted any receive.
    -- > Which is NOT conflict with the help file

Thanks a lot ^_*