Date Range

dynuserdynuser Member Posts: 48
Hi all,
I need to use the GET function.The below is the scenaio encountered.
I need to get the record from a table A with the following tables.
Table A
field P- type CODE
field q- type CODE
field POSTING DATE- type DATE
field q- type Text
field X- type CODE from Table B
field Y- type CODE from Table B
field Z- type DATE from Table C
I need to get the records of Table B, C into Table A where Z is the date field in Table C. I need to get the value of Z by selecting the date applicable to the current posting date.

Table A..................................................................................
p...................q.................................POSTING DATE..............r....
01.................abc..............................24/02/09....................111..

Table B..................................................................................
X..................Y................................XX................YY...............
01...............abc..............................1345.00.........gggg.............

Table C..................................................................................
X..................Y......................................Z..........................XXX...
01.................abc..............................01/04/08....................111..
01.................abc..............................01/02/09....................222..
01...................''................................01/02/09...................333..

I am writing this as
A.GET("B".X,"B".Y,"C".Z..POSTINGDATE);
But i am not getting the report correctly.
can someone tell me how to write this in a report.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    this is one of the most confusing posts I've ever seen :shock:

if you want to get the info to table A
    I need to get the records of Table B, C into Table A ........

then why are you getting A?
    I am writing this as
    A.GET("B".X,"B".Y,"C".Z..POSTINGDATE);

to get it would be more like

b.get("A key fields")
    c.get("A key Fields")
    :-k
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You only use GET to get one single record, which you can only do when you know the value of ALL primary key fields. If you don't know the value of all primary key fields, you would set filters on the fields that you do know, and then you use one of the FIND commands, depending on whether you need one record or all of them.

Instead of using this meaningless example (table X, field A does not mean anything), tell us the actual field names and data types, so we know what you mean and we can give you much better help.