Options

Need lots of Help with Axapta

oregonskateroregonskater Member Posts: 2
edited 2004-08-06 in Dynamics AX
Hi,

My Company has begun the long process of switching all our companies accounting systems to Axapta (including all our subsidiaries). However in that process we have fallen along a lot of problems. I was wondering if someone out there could help me with some questions that have risen in trying to get things together. I should warn you that my computer programming and computer knowledge is very limited, I only know Perl, C and Java and have some experience with UNIX and Linux so I really am not versed in programs such as Axapta or much of the IT language. I'm more the corporate whipping boy and not actually working for our IT dept.

Questions:

1): Does there exist a front end billing system from Axapta that is apart from the Accounts Receivable (AR) module? If so, how do we use it?

2): My boss mentioned something about a Trading Module but I have been unable to find anything in regards to this so far, have any of you heard about something called this, or maybe something similar? I thought it was in reference to the Trade Agreement discounting, but apparently not.

3): Finally, has anyone heard about Job Order Accounting or something similar in Axapta? If so, do you know how they do their billing statements via this method of accounting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and help this struggling trainee from getting beaten by his boss. Thank you so much.

Jonathan

Comments

• Options
    globesoftwareglobesoftware Member Posts: 2
    Hi Jonathan

Looking at your questions...
    1. Axapta's AR module as Sales Invoicing (of inventory items) and Free Text Invoicing (posting direct to GL revenue accounts). What are you looking for with regards to "billing systems"?

2. The Trading module is perhaps the Axapta "Trade Series". This is a combination of 3 modules - Inventory, Sales Ordering/Invoicing and Purchase Orders.

3. The Axapta Projects module may be able to offer your job order accounting, but I need more information before I can comment.

I am an Axapta Partner based in Perth, Australia and can offer you as much help as you need. My email address is steve@globesoftware.com.au

Regards
    Steve
  • Options
    rufruf Member Posts: 5
    Hi
    I have Axapta 2-tier installed on my machine. For some reasons, i messed up the data import and now it gives strange messages.
    I am planning to see Axapta from a developer's perspective. Would appreciate if i could get some help.
    - Ruf

It would be great if i could add someone in my IM list. Discussion could be easier:
    clayface_m@yahoo.com
    maruf_d@hotmail.com
    To Err is Human, To Debug...Divine.