Problem sending e-mails automatically

LeroyLeroy Member Posts: 199
Dear folks, maybe I posted this before months ago. This is not exactly a post about Navision, because there are serveral factors. I've the following code:
IF "Salesperson code" = 'person' THEN BEGIN
CodeMail.NewMessage('mail@mail.com','','This is a testing' + "Item",
'','',FALSE);
END;

CodeMail is the codeunit Mail.

I put this code (and others changing the e-mail and sales person) on Onvalidate trigger in a table field. When anyone write in this field automatically sends an e-mail to the address according to the sales person code. It works fine, but only in some computers, in other computers don't send any e-mail, simply doesn't do nothing. I've come to the conclusion that is problem of Office or Outlook configuration, because the code runs well. All the computers have the same version of Navision (3.70), the same O.S.(WXPProf. SP2) anda the same version of Office (2003), this is the reason because I don't know what can be the problem. Does anybody knows what happend? Have you had a similar problem?.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    If you use smtp to send your mails, you don't need a mail client to be installed on the users PC's.

Starting from NAV 5.0 SP1, you can set this up through Administration -> IT Administration -> General Setup -> SMTP Mail Setup.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • LeroyLeroy Member Posts: 199
    Thanks for reply. Our version is Attain 3.70, and we need mail client because we use Exchange2003. Any idea else please?
    Thanks for help.
    I don't think that Exchange2003 requires a mail client. So or you do a technical upgrade to NAV 5.0 SP1, and downgrade the smtp-mail functionality, or you need to install a smtp component (ocx or dll) on every PC.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Thanks for help. You know what dll or ocx I need and when I can get them?.
    Thanks.
    If you search the download section or forum for "smtp", you'll find some.
    Thanks for help. I'll see it.
    Thank you.