Adding fields to F 563 Question

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello all,

I've had a request to edit F 563 G/L Entries Dimension Overview. The request is to add a few G/L Entry fields to the left area (G/L Entry) of the form. I'd like to use the Field Menu to add External Document No. and Document Date fields from G/L Entry.

Should I be aware of any other considerations? I've modified many other forms with success but have not had to modify any financial areas (even a seemingly small task like this one).

Thought it wouldn't hurt to ask! Thanks - Chris

Answers

• ritesh.singhritesh.singh Member Posts: 123
    I do not think you have to worry about if you wish to just add certain field into the Form from field menu...

Tip: Always try modification on the Test Server. Still, If you do not want to modify the original objects always save a copy of that object in your test database (eg. in your case you can create a new form F 50563) and play with that object.
    Thanks,
    Ritesh K Singh
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Just make sure they're not editable :D
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Thanks very much for your replies. I've been developing for a while but it never hurts to validate. :) Also, I haven't had to modify any of the financial/dimension forms and wanted to make sure I was going down the correct path.

I backed up the original, modified the form in test (set fields to non-editable, great point), and documented modified form. Everything works like a charm.

Have a great day. I will set this post to solved. Chris